The Alliance for Healthy Communities (AHC) was created in 1999 and its 501(c)(3) application was approved early in 2000.
Our mission is to
- Provide education to community-based health care providers
- Provide education to the general public related to health care, health maintenance, and community-based services
- Participate in research projects to advance community-based health care and promote healthier communities
Although an independent organization, the Alliance works collaboratively with home and community-based providers. The Alliance is committed to “optimal community health and safety in time of crisis” and identified three core areas related to emergency preparedness where it would work to support the goal:
- Education: Offer an avenue of teaching and training where agency representatives receive consistent information to prepare, mitigate and support a coordinated response and recovery effort among all participating agencies.
- Service: Ensure a well-prepared network of in-home service agencies will respond instantly and effectively to emergency and disaster situations (including natural disasters, acts of terrorism or bioterrorism), which complement community and statewide responses to such events.
- Research: Solicit and apply collective innovation and resourcefulness from our own experience and others to meet local community health needs.
Our educational program, services, and research are available to the in-home services industry with or without association affiliation. For more information about our free emergency preparedness training go here. For any additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.